The Marketplace team builds Spotify’s content and creator platforms. Our Content Platform ingests, understands, and safeguards the world’s audio. Our products – Spotify for Artists (S4A), Soundtrap, and SoundBetter – enable artists and their teams to create, connect, and grow their audience.
Central to the Marketplace team’s vision is the development of promotion tools for artists and labels powered by Spotify’s deep knowledge of listener preferences and behaviors. We are looking for an experienced senior insights leader to lead a cross-disciplinary insights team (data scientists, analysts, user researchers), help craft product strategies that are rooted in insight, and deliver on an ambitious qualitative and quantitative insights roadmap. Your team’s impact will range from building our foundational understanding of artist, label and listener needs to tackling complex problems in forecasting, behavioral segmentation, and prediction.
You will partner with data engineers, product teams, and designers to help us define the next generation of promotion products for the music industry. You’ll also be connected to the broader Spotify insights community to expand the influence of your team’s work.
What you’ll do
- You will lead, manage and grow a team of Product Insights Managers, Analysts, Data Scientists and User Researchers within Marketplace; setting priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Contribute to the creator promotion tools product and business strategies in partnership with senior R&D leaders
- Manage an insights roadmap to enable more evidenced-based decision-making
- Communicate data insights and recommendations to key partners at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are
- You have 4+years of demonstrated experience as a people-manager. Management of managers is preferred
- You will have at least 7 years relevant work experience with a degree in economics, psychology, human computer interaction, computer science, statistics, or mathematics, or a related field
- Experience working with recommender systems, matchmaking systems, or advertising solutions is preferred
- You have the technical skill to mentor team members in advanced analytics
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets, building statistical models and running experiments
- Experience of evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and knowledge planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and presenting research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of partners
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.