The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to drive the strategic direction and roadmap of data management at Spotify. Spotify wants to be the best company in the world at leveraging data to drive our business forward. To fuel our data ambitions we have a rapidly growing and evolving data ecosystem. This will role will build out the products, tools and frameworks that enables us to manage our data. These tools and frameworks are extensively used by research and development teams at Spotify, and their outputs power critical product functionality and important business decisions throughout Spotify.
As a Product Manager, you will work alongside a talented group of engineers and designers in order to set a data management strategy and drive improvements for teams at Spotify that work with data.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with internal research and development teams to better understand their use cases and create a product vision and strategy to meet their needs.
- Understand and create data practices that drive towards high data quality standards.
- Work closely with our legal and compliance teams to keep our data safe and compliant.
- Serve as a product evangelist for data tools internally and externally (where relevant).
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and data science teams to gather feedback and requirements and better understand the future of our products.
Who You Are
- You have experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You have experience working with data processing, tools and infrastructure
- You have strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are a team player with proven ability to work cross functionally.
- You have a technical background or gravitate towards problems that are technical in nature
- You crave responsibility, but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success.
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- You love inspiring engineering teams and building partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.