Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
As the Senior Product Manager for Home Surface UX, your job will be to make the Spotify Home page, the best way to start a session. Your team will own creating a vision for the Home surface user experience. Your vision will describe how the Home surface realizes Spotify strategy, what features and flows are required to address user needs, what success looks like, what are the metrics to base decision around and how to platformize so that other teams are enabled to also work on Home. Your team will be one of many working on Home and you will partner with machine learning, new formats, and growth teams from across the business.
You will be an individual contributor in a high visibility role, positioning you to deliver high impact at Spotify and challenging you with learning opportunities that will help you grow and accelerate your career. You will not only be the captain of your team, but you will also own relevant strategies and products that span across multiple teams in the business. You will report to a Group Product Manager.
This role is based at Spotify HQ in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden.
What You’ll Do
- Lead multiple projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll set the vision for the core user experience and build it in a way that makes it easy for others to collaborate and expand on.
- Elevate how we think about problems and products by acting as an inspiring leader in the area of content discovery.
- Use data and insights to develop a robust product strategy and inform decision making.
- Manage cross-functional partner relationships to keep them informed, receive input, and influence their thinking.
- Demonstrate your expertise and product craft to successfully ship products that move our topline metrics.
- Transform your squad into a robust team by building a culture centred around achieving impact, mutual accountability, user empathy, inclusivity and work-life balance.
- Be a role model that can mentor and coach other PMs.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience working with agile development teams, building extraordinary consumer products. You thrive in chaos and are comfortable leading a team through ambiguity.
- A strategic problem solver with strong communication and presentation abilities. You are able to distill complex information into easy-to-understand concepts.
- You can elevate and influence how senior leaders across an organization reason around problems, opportunities and products.
- You have experience combining UX and ML to drive content discovery (building audiences for content/creators).
- You have a consistent record of taking new products to market and driving major impact.
- Experienced at working with data and insights to understand and measure your work.
- You know what makes a great experience for our users and love partnering with design, insights and engineering to turn a vision into reality.
- You’re a specialist in your craft, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- You are driven to get stuff done, but with a collaborative approach. You understand that we don’t win unless the team wins, and you leave ego out of it.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.