A Software Development Engineer in Test at Spotify enables and encourages developers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
As part of Premium R&D, you will be helping us provide our users with the best possible experience when it comes to purchasing Premium and at the different stages of their engagement with Spotify. We are looking for someone who can test about anything, write feature code and advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
Our development teams are empowered to iterate rapidly, deploy code often and remain confident that the test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced.
What you’ll do
- Be part of a cross-functional team, directly contributing to feature development and maintenance.
- Partner with colleagues to build and maintain tooling for test development, automation and improvement of release processes.
- Advocate for the user experience when communicating with product, design and tech.
- Provide the team with a quality strategy that supports the team’s delivery goals and aligns to the overall Spotify quality strategy.
- Be part of a highly skilled Quality chapter, owning initiatives for improvement of quality processes, metrics and tooling across the Premium Mission.
Who you aree
- You have knowledge and experience of writing code. Writing scripts and small tools to help yourself and your team comes natural to you.
- You are a problem solver who is not constrained by programming languages or specific tech stacks. You are open to learning new technologies to maximize the impact you make.
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD and knowledge of a few test automation and debugging tools.
- You feel comfortable digging into the architecture of systems and working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.