Spotify is seeking a dynamic, creative Senior Podcast Producer. This role will serve as the producer for all elements of pre-production, production, and distribution of a narrative documentary project. This includes managing and producing content for publication across all platforms as well as all aspects of audio production. Fixed-term, contract-based position.
You’ll be based in LA (eventually – but remotely for now) and part of a team focused on developing a diverse slate of original podcast programming.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a diverse team of creative producers through all aspects of audio production: scheduling, recording, assembling, mixing, and publication of episodes.
- Manage the production schedule for new shows including story selection, writing and researching scripts, overseeing recording sessions, post-production, sponsorship spots, and show promotion.
- Contribute fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including suggestion of themes, stories, and content for upcoming episodes.
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with podcast hosts, senior level producers, story editors and team leaders throughout the production process to help all stakeholders and projects meet their full potential.
- Provide ongoing creative direction to internal teams, external production companies, and other key stakeholders and leading programs on the Spotify platform while imparting a clear focus on target audiences and calibrating the content direction to reach those audiences.
- Manage high-priority relationships with key talent and their representatives.
- Help with new show development including writing budgets, creative briefs and recruiting producer and host talent
- Partner with internal teams including project management, marketing, operations, revenue and licensing on the development, launch, production, monetization and evolution of Studio 4 podcasts.
Who You Are
- 5+ years related work experience preferred.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the podcasting medium, with ideas for how to innovate and create hit shows that break the mold.
- Deep and significant experience managing and leading thriving creative teams.
- Hands-on audio production experience, especially within podcasting.
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt content strategy within digital formats and new technologies.
- Low ego, solutions-oriented person adept at managing multiple stakeholders, cultural nuances and personalities, including celebrity talent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and an ease with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.