Growth Opportunities (GO) is an R&D department of Spotify that focuses on new users, new markets and new experiences. Within GO, the Automated Marketing team uses technology to communicate the value of Spotify to a global audience, so billions of people can enjoy and support the creative work of millions of artists. There are so many features that people love about Spotify: discovering new music, following favorite artists, enjoying podcasts, finding concerts, and more. We build the technology that helps our users discover the many aspects of Spotify, and we use data and machine learning to find the best ways to share Spotify’s outstanding value to new audiences.
Automated Marketing is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will work with a team to come up with new and interesting hypotheses, test them, and scale them up to huge data sets with hundreds of billions of data points. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Support the engineering team in formulating the technical vision and strategy for our Machine Learning based automated marketing stack
- Apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to massive data sets
- Take on complex data-related problems involving some of the most diverse datasets available and determine the feasibility of projects through quick prototyping with respect to performance, quality, time and cost using Agile methodologies
- Architect best-in-class infrastructure (platforms, tools, and approaches) to accelerate our research to the product phase and set up efficient deployment, optimization, and testing of automated marketing models
- Be a leading voice in an active community of machine learning practitioners across Spotify and leverage existing state-of-the-art tooling in the Spotify ecosystem (TensorFlow, DataFlow, python-beam, Google Cloud Platform)
- Contribute to our team-wide product ideation in collaboration with other engineers, researchers, product managers and tech leads on the team
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Iterate on recommendation quality through continuous A/B testing
Who you are:
- PhD or M.Sc. in Machine Learning, or related field
- You have 4+ years of machine learning product development experience leveraging large scale data processing technologies (e.g. TensorFlow, SciKit learn, Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm).
- You preferably have experience in digital marketing analytics and strategy, and experience in leveraging Machine Learning techniques to optimize digital campaigns
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and Machine Learning
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.