Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
As a Staff Mobile Engineer in the Podcast Monetization organization you will architect, design, and develop features across the Spotify app ecosystem from iOS and Android to smart speakers and game consoles. You‘ll be a technical leader contributing hands-on in a team while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. Lastly, if you are looking for impact and challenge then come be a part of the team that’s bringing Podcasting out of the Noughties and into the Twenties.
What You’ll Do
- Work hands-on in a team building and shipping features related to Podcast monetization.
- Define and drive best engineering practices within the organization.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the team or in the company.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide client developer community driving and influencing our architecture across the company.
- Work with partner organizations to ship company impacting features.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product managers, and designers.
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of C++ and have worked with it in medium to large codebases.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team or organization where you have led impactful projects.
- You are comfortable working hands-on as a software engineer in an agile environment.
- You are able to develop a deep understanding of the product and business goals.
- You can mentor and support peers and engineering teams fostering best practices.
- You actively invest in your technical skills and leadership abilities.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.