As the world’s largest audio streaming subscription service, Spotify Premium enables millions of creatives to make a living from their art by connecting them with the people who love it. Research & Development deep dives into user behaviour to create a more valuable and meaningful experience for subscribers. It’s here that you’ll grow our audience and our platform, working with many disciplines across many locations to build innovative and tech-powered product solutions.
We are looking for experienced Full Stack and Front End Engineers to join one of our core revenue generating teams at our fast growing London, UK R&D site. Across Spotify we are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. This role is targeted towards the teams that are managing the systems and user experience regarding our expanding payments and commerce capabilities. You will join a team where everyone share a common interest in distributed end user facing systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
As well as working within a dedicated team, you will also be part of the Spotify Web Guild. Here you will share knowledge and mix with some of the best developers in the business and contribute to the company’s engineering culture. We regularly have hack weeks where you can spend your time working on your own projects to the benefit of the company and we believe in an environment that supports your individual growth.
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will help the team plan, design and shape responsive web solutions
- Bind our front and back end services together and monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs.
- With your help the team will ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
- Be part of exploring future system design and improving our architecture in a complex domain
- Enable product innovation and effortless transition between products for users
- Improving subscriber retention by reducing churn, keeping our loyal users even longer
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Build the user interface (UI) and design language across different platforms
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform
- You are not afraid of understanding and contributing to areas outside of the browser and it is a plus if you have experience in testing, project management and/or mobile languages
- You have a working understanding of object oriented programming
- You have worked with PHP, Java, Python or any other backend programming language
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music
- You are experienced with modern graphing libraries
- You can tell us about projects you’ve worked on that helped people understand data
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You have experience working with backend and UX engineers when building user interfaces
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from or what’s on your playlist. The Spotify platform is for everyone. And so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented in our business, the more we rock. It’s that simple. So bring us your past, your passion, your personality and your unique point of view, and let’s make beautiful music together. Because we all perform our best when we all feel part of the ban