Android Engineer - Accessibility (Remote Eligible -
What you'll do
- Work day-to-day in an agile team of engineers, designers, user researchers and product managers to build and maintain our central approach to Android accessibility
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on code reviews, evolving our shared processes and tooling to support a large number of teams working on Spotify's exciting range of products
- Educate and inspire fellow Spotifiers by sharing your knowledge and experience of accessibility through Spotify-specific guidelines and accessibility training based on findings from user research
- Drive accessibility across the company by partnering and occasionally embedding with our product teams as they update existing and build exciting new features
- Find innovative approaches, improving the developer experience and removing any friction around applying Spotify’s signature design for users with disabilities
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development
- You are familiar with the latest approaches to the creation, evolution and requirements of accessible product development on mobile
- You are aware of the needs and challenges people with disabilities face when using software
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java and Kotlin
- You are comfortable using assistive technologies such as screen readers and the accessibility features of the Android platform
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering the best engineering and accessibility practices
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring)
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify