New York, NY
Revenue Accounting Operations
New York, NY
What you'll do:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control requirements.
- Review and approve month-end close procedures, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses, for various revenue streams such as advertising, reseller subscriptions, and/or revenue earned through acquisitions.
- Work cross functionally with the Soundbetter Engineering teams to identify key reporting needs and to implement robust SOX controls to scale the leading music production marketplace.
- Develop operational processes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial reporting, and work with Engineering teams to automate various elements to ensure long-term scalability for new revenue streams.
- Coach team members to implement accounting industry best practice by creating and communicating policies as well as documenting frameworks.
- Manage daily accounting operations and processes for onshore and offshore team members to scale our global revenue operations and achieve key operational metrics.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in the Order-to-Cash programs by reviewing company policies and advising management on possible risks.
- Participate in special projects, system implementations, and enhancements as well as perform ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 6+ years revenue accounting experience, preferably companies in the Technology, Payments, Digital Media, or Telecommunications.
- A mixture of Big 4 and industry experience
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable with large data volume.
- Experience with major ERP systems required (Netsuite, Oracle or SAP).
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or higher education equivalent.
- CPA License preferred
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.