New York, NY
News and Social Impact Editor,
Podcast Editorial (Remote Eligible - Americas)
New York, NY
What You'll Do
- Craft a podcast editorial strategy focused on curating news and social activism-focused content for Spotify’s core audience.
- Curate podcast content focused on specific topics to help educate and inspire listeners, such as climate change, wrongful incarceration, voter registration, women’s rights, social justice, and LGBTQIA+ rights.
- Create a content calendar, building editorial plans around upcoming show launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments.
- Collaborate with the Social Impact, Sustainability, and Trust & Safety teams to build audio-focused multi-media initiatives.
- Identify organizations and talent that Spotify can work with for guest-curated podcast playlists as well as actionable information.
- Represent Editorial in conversations with marketing so that on-platform curation and off-platform messaging are in sync.
- Collaborate with the data analytics team to better understand which audiences within the community we are reaching and how to best create content experiences for them.
- Develop create ways to tell stories and inform listeners with podcasts.
Who You Are
- Have a real passion for the podcast culture space.
- A strong sense of news judgement, including how news is being consumed across different platforms.
- Deep appreciation for creative communication and sense of quality and commercial messaging.
- Ability to lead and drive multiple cross-functional complex projects while thinking independently.
- Skilled in crafting and presenting strategic plans in a compelling way.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data.
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications.
- Have experience working with non-profit organizations and/ or community organizations and leaders.
- Passionate about using content to inspire and educate.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify