New York, NY
The Journal - Gimlet (Remote Eligible - Americas)
New York, NY
What You'll Do
- Pitch story ideas relevant to the news cycle that can be accomplished within a tight timeline, and pitch occasional longer-term projects
- Book, prep for, record, and produce interviews with sources inside and outside of the Journal
- Write scripts and structure narratives for episodes
- Record and produce field reporting trips
- Log, cut, and arrange tape, build assemblies, score moments, and everything else production requires
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Wall Street Journal’s reporters, editors, and managerial staff
- Balance multiple episodes in production at the same time
- Work both independently and collaboratively, depending on the task
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 4 years producing audio in a high-caliber, high-output organization
- Experience using audio editing software
- A passion for the work of the Journal specifically and business news generally
- Enthusiasm for a high-intensity daily production schedule
- Daily experience is a huge plus
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify