New York, NY
Senior Accessibility Lead
New York, NY
What You'll Do
- Own strategic accountability for our approach to accessibility at Spotify
- Partner with cross-functional leads in the R&D teams to prioritize accessibility work and effectively partners with practitioners (engineers, designers) and enable them to execute against the practices you determine
- Establish and govern the technical and design standards for accessibility across all our platforms and services
- Advocate and educate on behalf of your strategy across all levels of the company -- from senior leadership to ongoing education/training programs for employees
- Conduct expert evaluations and reviews of our product (including key code reviews) to ensure compliance and uncover opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on technology and experience patterns in order to constantly be capable of communicating changes and updates to our approach to accessibility
- Expertly communicate, internally and externally, on behalf of Spotify on the topic of accessibility as a thought leader in the space
- Work from one of our major R&D office locations (Stockholm, NYC, London) with occasional travel to other R&D centers and our local markets
Who You Are
- You have at-scale and in-house experience with digital accessibility tech and design solutions, and policy
- You can demonstrate an expert understanding of WCAG 2.x guidelines and ARIA techniques
- You bring experience using and testing with assistive technologies (incl. VoiceOver, Browser extensions, JAWS and NVDA)
- Beyond just design and research, you are comfortable with both web and mobile technologies and capable of participating in code-level review and discussion to enforce standards
- You are comfortable leading/directing impact through multi-disciplinary development teams that do not directly report to you
- You are a player/coach and servant leader with practical, hands-on experience in one of the core R&D skill sets (engineering, research, design) and capable of levelling from strategy and influence into some of the most critical company work, as needed
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with those you need to influence and stakeholders.
- You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have a user and evidence-based problem solving mentality.
- You are constantly looking to hone your team's instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to craft to process to industry and technology trends -- you never stop pushing into the next big challenge.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify