Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
What you'll do
- This role will report directly into the Writing Lead. You’ll assist with overseeing the production and execution of “Parcast Studios” scripted shows
- Supervise a team of up to 10+ writers, all of varying positions and skill levelsResponsible for hiring and growing writing teams, including feedback and review of performance
- Responsible for hiring and growing writing teams, including feedback and review of performance
- Oversee vacation days and administrative needs for team members
- Oversee budget distribution for the department
- Oversee a slate of 12-16 podcasts
- Manage the day-to-day of a team of writers, helping them to prioritize their assortment of tasks
- Assure that these shows maintain key elements of the Parcast brand and that all scripts are of the highest possible quality
- Oversee and occasionally edit final scripts for production and assure they meet all criteria
- Coordinate with cross functional teams
- Oversee the process of assigning writers to episodes
- Oversee workflow and relationship of cross functional teams and leadership
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of experience in an editorial or media driven environment
- You have successfully led and managed a team of creators of different skill levels
- You are comfortable with strict deadlines and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- You have a deep understanding of storytelling, theme, and narrative structure
- You are able to communicate across multiple creative departments and speak fluidly about all elements of production
- You care about telling compelling, engaging stories through true crime, history, mystery, and non-fiction podcasts
- Experience in the audio space preferred
- You have a passion for true crime, history, and suspense
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.